September 12th, 8pm+ FREE!, but please bring something delicious to share Please join us Flux Thursday, our monthly potluck dinner and art salon. This month’s Flux Thursday is an extension of the group exhibition, Untitled (As of Yet), which explores disruption to routine as a fruitful phenomena. With performances and presentations by Christopher Ulivo, Ander Mikalson and Alex Hayden, and Douglas Paulson & Christopher Robbins.
Part all-night concert, part birthday party, and part installation piece, A Sun With Sunglasses On is the final Flux Factory performance of artist-in-residence Ben Seretan culminating his 6-month residency. He will be performing a series of sets beginning at sunset on the 11th and finishing just after sunrise the morning of the 12th, with a variety of collaborators. Also featuring a small amphitheater built by fellow Fluxer Danny Crump.
A Sun With Sunglasses On coincides with the third Exquisite Contraption Party, which will be happening at around the same throughout the building. Attendees are encouraged to wander freely between both events.
Admission is free with a drawing of a sun wearing sunglasses. Paper and pens will be provided if you do not bring your own. RSVP here
Tentative schedule of events:
- 8:30 – 9:45pm: The sun sets, solo performance
- 10:00 – 10:40pm: Joined by Benedict Kupstas for a Blushing set
- 11:00 – 11:40pm: Joined by Brandon Lopez, mighty upright bass player
- 12:00 – 12:40am: Joined by saxophonist Dave Lackner – we’ll be playing an original composition
- 1:00 – 2:00am: A screening of the feature-length video/music piece/home movie Double Alaska
- 2:20 – 3:00am: MYSTERY SLOT ! Who knows what will happen in this hour!
- 3:20 – 3:50am: Exclusively Hank Williams and Jonathan Richman covers
- 4:15am – 5:45am: The sun rises, a final solo performance