Flux Factory is pleased to present Humorgous Smorgasbord, a group exhibition of artworks that utilize incongruity through live performance, video,sculpture and writing. Most of you probably won’t make it out to see the show. You’ll likely have other plans during the Friday night opening and performances on September 8th. Or let’s guess, can’t make it to an old-fashioned smörgåsbord dinner with artist presentations on Thursday, September 14th. So, what’s funny?
DATE AND TIME
Sun, March 12, 2017
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
58 Kent Street
Brooklyn, NY 11222
The Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon is a collaborative campaign to help improve coverage of women and the arts on Wikipedia. Why? In a 2011 survey, the Wikimedia Foundation found that less than 10% of its contributors identify as female. This disparity represents an alarming absence of representation in an important repository of shared knowledge.
Together we can help change that. Join us at Kickstarter HQ in Greenpoint, Brooklyn on March 12 for an all-day communal updating of Wikipedia entries on subjects related to art and feminism. People of all gender identities and expressions are welcome to participate, and we especially encourage women, transgender, and gender non-confirming/non-binary individuals to take part.
How it works:
- RSVP here and show up between 10am-5pm on 3/12 at Kickstarter HQ.
- We’ll provide tutorials for beginner Wikipedians throughout the day, as well as plenty of reference materials.
- Bring your laptop, power cord, and — if you can — some ideas for entries that need updating or creation.
- Be sure to create a Wikipedia account before the event. (You can learn how to do that here: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:CreateAccount&returnto=Main+Page)
- Not an editor? Come by to show your support and help with research.
Light refreshments will be provided throughout the day, as well as lunch.
Childcare is also available upon request. We will send you more information on how to request childcare in the order confirmation email from Eventbrite.
We will have a few laptops available for use. We will send you more information on how to reserve one for use in the order confirmation email from Eventbrite.
This edition of the Art + Feminism Wikipedia Editathon is part of a global series of events happening throughout the month of March. Learn more here: http://www.artandfeminism.org/
This event has been lovingly organized by Kickstarter in partnership with:
The Creative Independent
Black Lunch Table