This event is part of the program for Must They Also Be Gods, a Flux Factory…
☁ Joined by our guests of honor, activist artist collective The Guerrilla Girls, and Kickstarter founder and artist Perry Chen.
☁ Featuring artworks from over 50 artists from the Flux community, including luminaries such as Swoon, Duke Riley, Mark Dion, Pablo Helguera, and too many highlights to name!
☁ Enjoy an open bar and canapés courtesy of our generous sponsors Art F City, Coffeed, Fairway Market, Lagunitas, Perrier, and Tomcat Bakery.
☁ Hosted by our benefit co-chairs Sally Szwed of Creative Time, and Liz Dunn, founder Pro4ma.
Sunday December 11 2016
6pm Feminist Fete Hour (details below)
7pm-10pm General Admission
CUNY Hunter MFA Gallery – 205 Hudson St. NYC, 2nd floor
Make 2017 Fluxy by joining in on our biggest event of the year.
2016 has been an year for growth and stability at Flux. We narrowly negotiated a lease extension through 2021. We started a community garden with neighborhood partners. We welcomed new managing director Maya Suess. We provided affordable space to over 40 artists, who produced just as many public events free and open to the public. Next year we will continue commission artists to create new works that are socially engaged and make New York a better place for all, while providing key resources to support the careers of emerging artists.
Supporting the Flux auction supports our mission to provide free public events, pay artists to make cutting edge art, and to provide affordable space and opportunities to emerging artists. Our event is staffed by volunteers, features donated artworks – join our legion of supporters to make Flux possible for another year!
Participating artists include:
Abby Entsminger, Alex Nathanson & Dylan Neely, Amela Parcic, Angela Washko, Ariel Abrahams, Ayana Evans, Bastian Hoffman, Caitlin Foley, Chloe Bass, Chris Bogia, Dan Phiffer, Dana Sherwood, Danny Crump, Daupo, David Barthold, Duke Reilly, Eleanor Schulz, Esperanza Mayobre, Firoz Mahmud, Hadi Nasiri, Haley Hughes, Jade Yumang, Jeff Stark, Jevijoe Vitug, Joe Sinness, Joshua Moton, Kerry Cox, Leah Oates, Lena Hawkins, Laura Murray, Macon Reed, Mark Dion, Martina Mrongovius, Maya Suess, Michelle Levy, Misha Rabinovich, Moira Williams, Niki Pasath, Olesya, Pablo Helguera, Richard Garet, Ro Garrido, Rob Maccinnis, Sarah Dahlinger, Sarah Greenbaum, Serra Victoria Boswell Fels, Sto, Swoon, Tina Kohlman, Tod Seelie, Tommy Nguyen, Ward Shelley,Wieteke Heldens, Wook Seo, Yi Zhou
A Massive thank you to the support of our auction committee, chaired by Sally Szwed and Liz Dunn:
Alexis Goldberg, Benjamin Strauss, Carina Kaufman, Christina Freeman, Helen Ho, Jeff Wald, Jennie Lamensdorf, Jo Lim, Maura Collins, Paul Ramirez Jonas, Roddy Schrock, Sarah Watson
As well as the dedicated leadership of Flux’s Board of Directors and staff:
Caroline Partamian, Jake Pratt, Jason David Brown, Jean Barberis, Julia Clark, Liz Dunn, Maya Suess, Melanie Cohn, Morgan Meis, Nat Roe, Oriana Leckert, Sally Szwed, Sarah Weitlauf, Scott Hirst
Beverages, Food and promotional support are generously provided by our auction sponsors:
Art F City, Bai, Coffeed, Fairway Market, Lagunitas, Perrier, Red Rabbit, Tomcat Bakery
General Admission Tickets $65
– Join us from 7pm-10pm to view and bid on the artworks, enjoy our open bar and canapes
– Tax deduction letter for $35
Early Access Hour $85
– For just an extra $20, join our early access hour for Moira Williams’ Feminist Tincture Hour, a cello performance by Joshua Moton, a White Elephant-style game, extra special canapes from our Flux Iron Chefs, and socializing with Flux’s community.
– Tax deduction letter for $40
Flux Green ticket $250
– Early Access at 6pm for you and a guest
– Gift bag : Original 2017 Moon Calendar print by Lena Hawkins, Our brand new Postcard Zine, Pin by Jonathan Sims Flux tote bag, 20th anniversary catalog, a “knock off” of auction works by Flux
– Year-round acknowledgement of your contribution as a Friend-Of-Flux in online and print materials
– Tax deduction letter for $150
Flamingo Roller ticket $500
– All of the above perks, plus . . .
– Curator tours for 2017 Major Exhibitions
– Invitations to inside Flux events, such as Cinema Flux on the roof, or Flux Iron Chef
– The satisfaction of having commissioned two new artworks in 2017!
– Tax deduction letter for $350